Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolve Stuff

Every year I make New Years resolutions. Every year they are the same. "Become a better person" is usually the desired outcome. That encompasses the usual goals- starve myself into a size 6, spend 16 hours a day scrubbing my house with a toothbrush, become an expert on all things gospel related, I think you get my point. This year is no different, except I've resolved to use the gym membership I pay for every month along with my starving method. We'll see if that works.

Along with starving myself I have a few other things I want to work on. The biggest one is learning to forgive people in my life who have hurt me. I'm so serious about this one that I went and bought a book on it... I even read the first chapter. Then because I felt so forgiving I stopped so I wouldn't automatically be translated. Too many people would miss me. I'm not feeling so forgiving as of late though, I should probably start that book again. So beware all you wrong doers.... if all goes according to plan you'll be forgiven completely by the end of the year. Take THAT!

Another of my resolutions came from being completely inspired by this. I would never say this to her face but she's a wonderful person and a gifted blogger. (I like to think that because I blog stalk her daily that we are somehow friends and she wouldn't mind that I linked to her blog) This is a girl from my ward that I have never spoken to and randomly stumbled upon her blog. I've been completely sucked in by her open-ness and honesty. I'm addicted to reading her rants and raves. And my heart completely goes out to her. I've resolved to be more open about my life. If I can help someone by going through my life trials then it will be worth it. It's doing me no good to keep everything bottled inside. It's not healthy for my heart- and it's not helping me help you either. Like, did you know I can't have kids either? (have you been helped?)

So there you have it. Quite a bit different than hearing about my home decorating- but this is my first step to becoming "open" Dayna. I hope you like her. No worries though, you'll still get to read about my daily activities and home decorating attempts. I just have the "New Year- your life is going to change completely in the next 12 months" feeling that I get every January. Luckily I want you guys to be along for the whole ride.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your post and the blog that you shared with us. What an amazing story and person. I can’t wait to read more about open Dayna :). I’ve been feeling the same with the New Year. I’ve got to get my blog caught up and then I think that I will be joining you on your ride.

kenna said...

Wow.

I don't know if I deserve such accolades. I merely want other people in my situation or similar to know they aren't alone.

In Mormon culture especially it is hard to cope with infertility and all it entails.

It was a HUGE step in my healing and coping for me to be as open as I am on my blog. It's funny, I'm not NEARLY that open in person! It's worth it though. I have received emails from women all over the country who have reached out and are letting it be known that they struggle.

We are all here to help each other, and we can't unless we open ourselves up. Mourn with those who mourn, I say. Or maybe Jesus said. Probably Jesus, I couldn't come up with that.

Annnnnyway, long comment, I'll email you back, come find me on Sunday, I'd love to chat.

Tammy, thanks for your compliment as well.

Jen Nelson said...

How cute are you?! I'm sorry you can't have babies either :(
I hope you do start talking to Kenna! She is a good friend to have!
I'm officially blog stalking you! Hope 2009 is an amazing year for you!
p.s. what book did you get? I need to work on forgiving. Glad you didn't get translated ;)

julie said...

Thank you for your blog, it brought me to tears. As your mom, I wished that I could take your pain and put it upon myself. It is excruciatingly painful to watch you, my daughter, deal with infertility and the heartache and pain that comes from it. My heart is always with you.

I am inspired by you and your willingness to share and to encourage me to do better in my life, by being an example to me.

Jolynn and Zak McCormick said...

Hi-My name is Jolynn and I live in your ward too-I heard you and your husband speak in Sacrament meeting a while back and I wanted to talk to you but didn't get a chance to-You guys said you met in Roosevelt in Institute? Are you guys from Roosevelt? I am from Vernal and my husband is from Tridell- I hope you enjoying the ward-good luck on your resolutions!Have a GREAT DAY!!

Megan said...

I can't think of anything really eloquent to say... darn, I am so good at that too. :) But I am sorry. It is hard for me to imagine but I will be praying for you. I think I will enjoy reading about open dayna, although I enjoy reading anyway. So you want to tell me about that book? I need help in the forgiving department too.

Kristin said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me you have a blog! I had to find it through Kenna's blog.

I think you'll have some awesome stuff to blog about this year :)!