Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day Stuff

We had such a great Christmas Day. I told Jack weeks ago that I refused to have the ugly Christmas morning pictures that I have every year. You know the ones- my hair is sticking up in places I didn't even know hair could stick up, my mascara has formed dark black circles under my eyes, I have a huge red mark on the side of my face from sleeping on my hand.... you get the picture. It's awful. So this year I got up and showered and did my hair and makeup before we opened presents. Honestly- I'm glad I did. And I'm sure you, the viewers of these pictures, are glad I did as well.

Jack and I were so spoiled this year. We had so many presents under the tree. I guess that's one of the bad things about me starting my shopping well before Halloween- even when my money is spent well before Christmas I still feel like buying stuff. That's when "To Jack, From Dayna" turns into "To Ady's, From Santa" It's quite effective.

We got some great stuff this year. Some Highlights included a super cute red apron (which you can kind of see me wearing in one other pictures) and an adorable brown leather purse from Jack's mom. A sweet coffee table (black), a grill, and a pancake griddle from my Mama. Plus she gave me THE most amazing watch ever. She's so talented and crafty- she made it herself. Don't be jealous. Just ask her how much she would charge to do one for you. Jack gave me the greatest Cell Phone known to all mankind. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen and I'm still in shock that I actually get to talk on a cute phone instead of the cheap black piece of crap I own now. He also spoiled me with an amazing mustard yellow bag. SO cute! I love it. I got tons of movies, books, socks, and games. He really spoiled me this year. Jack got new basketball shoes, Calvin and Hobbes books, slippers, leather driving gloves, wii games, ps3 games and tickets to a Cleveland basketball game. Santa really spoiled us as well. He left a PS3 . Surround Sound System and a ton of movies.

After opening presents my family always has their big Christmas Breakfast with all my aunts, uncles and grandparents on my Dad's side. They eat Pancakes with Strawberries and whipped cream, hash browns, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice. Practically anything you could ever want in a breakfast. So this year we kept with that tradition and made the huge Wilkerson breakfast for just the two of us. So good! And we got to use our amazing new pancake griddle to cook it. Jack was like a little kid playing with his Christmas toy! For those of you who don't know- Jack is our official breakfast cook. I just help. No one can make breakfast like he can.

Our friend Higgs came over that afternoon because he was unable to go to Washington to be with his family due to work. So he came over for Christmas dinner. I made turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams, rolls, jello, corn, pie, and cheesecake. It was so amazing. The yams were by far my favorite part. I hate yams but my friend Margo made the best ones last week when we went to eat at her house and I HAD to make them for my dinner. They are so amazing. Luckily Jack hates yams too so I get the leftovers all to myself! Plus I got to use all the sweet table decor I bought weeks ago.

It was one of the best Christmases ever. Hope yours was equally amazing. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Dayna, this is Jacob. I just thought I would say hi and tell you that I am home. It is a good thing that my Mom has your blog, now I can see what you are up to. It really looks like you had a great Christmas. My family also had a great Christmas. Well, I know this isn't much about your blog, but I hope to be able to see you soon.
Cheers
Jacob

julie said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like you guys had a ball! I am so glad that you guys got to start your own traditions and enjoy Christmas with each other! Christmas is by far the best holiday of the year (in my opinion) and and its so fun to see what you guys did. Merry Christmas...and Happy New Years next week.

Megan said...

Holy Cow! You did get spoiled! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun just the two of you. I think next year we might try doing our own thing too. PS- I love your tree!

Anonymous said...

SO SPOILED!!! its ok though, i got spoiled too! it sounds like you two had a wonderful christmas!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Christmas!!...So much fun!!... Hope that your new year is just as great!!... p.s. did Jack tell you that I ran into him at Costco on the Nuskin morning?... I couldn’t resist going up to him and saying hi :)