Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve Stuff

Here it is December 26th and I get to recap for all of you the amazing Christmas we had yesterday. Luckily I took the day off work so I could sit around in my pajama's and blog about said amazing Christmas.

We'll start with Christmas Eve.

This is Jack and I's 4th Christmas together. We love being with our families on the holidays, but this year we decided to have Christmas together at our home. We wanted to start our own traditions and be able to enjoy this special time together.

Christmas eve we made a Gingerbread house. It's probably the ugliest one I've ever seen but it has character. Oh well, I'm big on tradition and this is one tradition Jack wanted to start. After making our house we opened the wicked sweet pajama's that Bernard left for us (Our Christmas Brownie is the one who leaves us our Christmas pajama's) Then we made nachos's with guacamole (a favorite around here) and snuggled up on the couch to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. This is an Ady family favorite and I have grown to love it throughout the years. It just doesn't feel like Christmas until we get our Griswold fix. After the movie we read the Christmas story and tried to get some sleep. We were in bed well before 9pm. I was in bed because I had a nasty head cold and just wanted to sleep. Jack was in bed because he knew the sooner he fell asleep the sooner Christmas would come. 5 hours later he finally dozed off and we woke up promptly at 6am to open presents.

Christmas morning was great... so great in fact that I believe it deserves a blog post of it's own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun!!! I got Betty Boop pajamas and Todd got red & green "pajamas"...

Unknown said...

So much fun!! It’s nice once in awhile to just spend the time together as a couple. It’s healthy too :).. and it sounds like you had a grand time!! It’s nice to see two people so much in Love!!