Thursday, December 4, 2008

Friend Stuff

There are few things better than good food, the movie PS I Love You, and a best friend. Combine all three and you get December's edition of girls night with Dayna and Margo.



I love having a married friend so close. It's one of my favorite things in the world. We have the occasional Sunday Dinner together, Holiday Parties, Girls Nights, "I need to use Margo's sewing machine" days. It's great. I just wish she lived a little closer so she could be my "I need sugar" go to girl!

I love so much about this girl. I love that no matter how long it's been since we've talked or seen each other we still know we're friends. She's so low maintenance. It's wonderful. I love that we know so much about each other. We already know how the other feels about things before they even say it. She's so supportive of everything I do. She was the first one I called the night Jack proposed. I woke her up in the middle of the night and then drove directly to her house. (I was on my way home from Jacks house- 20 minutes away from mine) She met me in her driveway wearing pajamas and sexy slipper and we hugged and jumped up and down and then she went back to bed and I drove home. That's the type of friends we are.

So Margo and I have this monthly traditional Girls Night. We eat food, catch up, watch movies, etc. It's great. Yesterday was my turn to host Girls Night. We ate chicken pita's, oriental salad, and fresh fruit and then watched PS I Love You and bawled. It was great. Haven't seen PS I Love You? Go watch it. Now. Turn off the computer. Buy the movie (cuz you'll want it for future "I need a good cry" days as well). And get ready to laugh, cry, smile, cringe- this movie is a hardcore mixture of emotions. It's great!

Better yet, get together with your married friend down the street and treat yourselves to your own Girls Night.

0 comments: